The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has released an announcement promoting Privacy Awareness Week (PAW). PAW is an annual event fostering awareness of privacy issues and the importance of protecting personal information. This year’s theme, “Protecting Privacy is Everyone’s Responsibility,” focuses on promoting privacy awareness for consumers and businesses.
- Use and maintain anti-virus software and a firewall.
- Regularly scan your computer for spyware.
- Keep software up to date.
- Remove unused apps and software programs.
- Use strong passwords and encrypt sensitive files.
- Follow good security habits.
A copy of this publication is available at www.us-cert.gov